The University Of Minnesota Department of Intercollegiate Athletics receives hundreds of donation requests from a variety of organizations, fund raisers, schools and individuals. We wish it were possible to honor each and every one of them, since all are very worthwhile causes. Please know that all requests are given serious consideration. Due to the high volume of requests we receive, the following are guidelines to be followed:
Every request must be accompanied by a completed “Donation Request” form.
You may send the request via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
University of Minnesota
Attn: David M. Lindquist
600 15th Avenue SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
We require, along with the donation request form, a formal donation request letter submitted in writing on organizational letterhead. Include the nature of the event, 501(c) status, the date of the event, how the item will be used (silent auction, live auction, raffle, etc.).
The following are guidelines, for the donation request:
- You will be notified, in writing, of our decision. Due to the high volume of requests, we ask that you not follow up, on your request.
- The University Of Minnesota cannot donate to any cause that directly/indirectly benefits a person it grades 9-12.
- The University Of Minnesota cannot donate any team apparel, equipment or other items used by the student athletes.
- The University Of Minnesota does not honor requests for operating expenses and other monetary donations.
- Coach’s autographs are subject to coach’s availability and require the requesting party to provide the item for autograph. However, for a fee, the departments will provide the autographed item.
- Tickets are subject to availability and only one (1) pair will be donated, when granted.
- The requesting party will be required to make arrangements to drop off/pick up donated item.
Minnesota Moves On To Regional Final
12/9/2016 - W. Volleyball
The University of Minnesota volleyball team defeated No.15 Missouri in four sets Friday night, 25-15, 21-25, 25-19, 25-14, to advance to the NCAA Regional Finals. The Gophers improve to...
Minnesota overpowers Georgia Southern, 86-49
12/9/2016 - M. Basketball
Dupree McBrayer scored 18 points and Akeem Springs added 16 off the bench to lead Minnesota over Georgia Southern 86-49 on Friday night for the Gophers' third straight win. Minnesota (9...
Gophers Overpower Spartans in Opener
12/9/2016 - M. Ice Hockey
Winning by a 4-2 margin, the Gophers outshot Michigan State 44-14 -- tying a season bests for shots and shots allowed in the win.