The University Of Minnesota Department of Intercollegiate Athletics receives hundreds of donation requests from a variety of organizations, fund raisers, schools and individuals. We wish it were possible to honor each and every one of them, since all are very worthwhile causes. Please know that all requests are given serious consideration. Due to the high volume of requests we receive, the following are guidelines to be followed:
Every request must be accompanied by a completed “Donation Request” form.
You may send the request via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
University of Minnesota
Attn: David M. Lindquist
600 15th Avenue SE
Minneapolis, MN 55455
We require, along with the donation request form, a formal donation request letter submitted in writing on organizational letterhead. Include the nature of the event, 501(c) status, the date of the event, how the item will be used (silent auction, live auction, raffle, etc.).
The following are guidelines, for the donation request:
- You will be notified, in writing, of our decision. Due to the high volume of requests, we ask that you not follow up, on your request.
- The University Of Minnesota cannot donate to any cause that directly/indirectly benefits a person it grades 9-12.
- The University Of Minnesota cannot donate any team apparel, equipment or other items used by the student athletes.
- The University Of Minnesota does not honor requests for operating expenses and other monetary donations.
- Coach’s autographs are subject to coach’s availability and require the requesting party to provide the item for autograph. However, for a fee, the departments will provide the autographed item.
- Tickets are subject to availability and only one (1) pair will be donated, when granted.
- The requesting party will be required to make arrangements to drop off/pick up donated item.
Hanson and Smith Named to All-Tourney Team
5/28/2017 - Baseball
The University of Minnesota’s Toby Hanson and Jordan Smith were voted to the Big Ten All-Tournament Team Sunday.
Spagnola Makes It Six
5/27/2017 - W. Track & Field
Emma Spagnola punched her ticket to the NCAA Championships in the 100m hurdles as the sixth Gopher to advance through the NCAA West Prelim.
4x100 Meter Relay Breaks School Record
5/27/2017 - M. Track & Field
The Minnesota 4x100 meter relay squad of Jordan Charles, Brad Neumann, Jordan Webb and Luca Wieland clocked a 39.80 to finish 16th in the event while the mark just edged the previous...