NAME (MAIDEN NAME?):
Casey Hall (Clement) and Kelly Clement identical twin sisters, former UMDT co-captains, and BIG Gopher fans!
WHAT TEAM YOU WERE ON WITHIN THE SPIRIT SQUAD:
Dance Team, 1996-2000
SHARE SOME OF YOUR FAVOITE SPIRIT SQUAD MEMORIES:
- THE HONOR - Making the team as freshmen (it was such a dream...we wanted to be on the dance team from the 1st time we ever saw them dance at a MN high school competition). It made the transition to college amazing. By the 1st day of class we had made so many friends and already felt like a part of the university ...and the largest spirit squad in the nation!
- THE GAMES Hands down the best game to cheer at each year was the 1st big ten basketball game of the year. The Barn went crazy with maroon and gold pride. We both loved connecting with the fans and the energy rush of leading the crowd.
- THE TOURNAMENTS We danced at the Final Four, Big Ten Basketball championships, the NIT in New York, and even the Sun Bowl our senior year! Representing your team...and your state at a tournament was such a awe-inspiring experience. We both remember walking down the street during the Final Four hearing Minnesotans yelling the school song across the street to each other!
- THE NATIONAL COMPETITION Going to the UDA championship was always a highlight of the year. Our senior year was the best...we received 6th place and worked SO HARD. That year we started 6:30 am workouts as a team Mon, Wed, and Friday. The team set aggressive goals and worked together. We bonded so much that year.
- THE TEAM There is no way to sum up the friendships...they are still our closest friends today.
WHAT HAS YOUR INVOLVEMENT WITH THE SPIRIT SQUAD DONE FOR YOU IN YOUR POST-COLLEGE LIFE:
Passion & Perseverance...we cheer for everything that we are a part of. It is a way of life not a sport’. We have also loved to work with teams to achieve goals whether that is through teaching dance or leading business executives.
WHAT MADE YOU WANT TO CHEER/DANCE AT THE UNIVERSITY OF MINNESOTA WHEN YOU WERE IN COLLEGE:
Dancing throughout our whole life, we were looking for a way to do that in college. It was the only option...dance or, um...dance!! We wanted to study marketing, study ballet/jazz/modern, and be on a dance team. MN was our #1 choice.
APPROXIMATELY HOW MANY PEOPLE WERE ON THE TEAM WHEN YOU WERE:
about 15 in dance, but the team really felt bigger than that with cheer, mascot, and the coaches.
HAVE YOU BEEN INVOLVED WITH THE SPIRIT SQUAD AS AN ALUMNI (IF YES, IN WHAT ASPECT):
Besides attending (and cheering loudly!) almost every time the team performs, we have spoke on the alumni panel to kick off the dance season, judged the team’s auditions, and choreographed for the Hip Hop nationals routine this year! We love to offer support and motivation to the team as the carry on the gopher pride’ that all alumni share.
IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE ABOUT THE GOPHER SPIRIT SQUAD THAT YOU’D LIKE TO SHARE WITH ME?
We can’t imagine who we would be today without the experience. It helped to define our character and shape our future.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO SHARE WITH US SOME THINGS ABOUT YOUR LIFE NOW?
Our love for dance and working on a team led us to cheer for the NFL for 3yrs with the Minnesota Vikings Cheerleaders. We also share a passion for choreography that has led us to work with the nationally-ranked University of MN Dance Team, Eden Prairie Pom Squad, as well as several studio, high school, college, and professional teams. Our signature co-teaching style empowers students to be true performers and tell a story to the audience. We teach at The Dance Warehouse in Chanhassen, work on freelance choreography projects, and are business executives. Kelly currently resides in a quaint city apartment in Minneapolis & loves to teach, dance, & laugh. Casey lives with her husband in Bloomington and thanks God for the gift of teaching dance!
Gopher Hurdlers Enjoy Unique Bond
4/27/2017 - W. Track
Minnesota's top two hurdlers in program history are teammates and competitors, but their friendship comes first.
Lindaman Breaks Home Run Record, Gophers Win Twice
4/26/2017 - Softball
Kendyl Lindaman broke the Gophers 14-year-old single season home run record with her 16th of the year this evening.
Peronnin Selected for NCAA Columbus Regional
4/27/2017 - W. Golf
Senior will compete for a spot in the national championships in two weeks, earning a spot in the Columbus regional.