University of Minnesota Boathouse
The University of Minnesota boasts one of the nation's best facilities with an on-campus boathouse, located on the banks of the U of M campus. Nestled in the midst of the East River Flats Park, the Golden Gophers opened their new facility in winter of 2007. The University Boathouse houses a 27-seat erg room, an indoor tank, which seats 12 rowers, a full locker room, coaches' offices and boat storage area.
- Completed in 2007 and houses the women's varsity team and the men's club team
- The boathouse rests on a half acre in the East River Flats Park, located on the University of Minnesota East Bank campus
- Located on the banks of the Mississippi River, the boathouse is located near a bike path that follows the river shore at the base of the bluff. The path was recently constructed and handles foot, stroller, bike and wheelchair traffic
- Features an indoor tank, which seats 12 rowers at a time
- 27 erg machines for a full team practice in the erg room
- Locker room housing 70 lockers, adjacent to the team's laundry room
- A total of four bays: three boat bays for all boats, oars and equipment plus a "shop" or work bay
- Wood ceilings in the tank and erg rooms with "poster-sized" windows of the Minneapolis skyline and the Mississippi River
- Balcony off of the erg room, which faces the Mississippi River
Gopher Volleyball Wins Big Ten Title
11/28/2015 - W. Volleyball
Minnesota wins its first Big Ten Conference championship title since 2002 and went 18-2 in league action.
Gophers Stopped by Wisconsin, 31-21
11/28/2015 - Football
The Golden Gophers dropped its regular-season finale, 31-21, against the Badgers at TCF Bank Stadium.
Banham Breaks Minnesota Scoring Record
11/28/2015 - W. Basketball
The senior guard scored 29 points in the Gophers' 81-79 overtime loss to Auburn.