This weekend the Golden Gophers will travel for the first time this season for a match against the Cyclones in Ames, Iowa. I sat down with captains Katie Thyken and MacKenzie Misel to talk about their travel "must-haves" in preparation for the trip. Here's what they had to say about what they can't live without when they are on the road! Go Gophers!
- My orange crocks
- My own bag of sour patch kids
- A CD case full of movies
- Either my panda pillow pet, Peter, or my Dalmatian stuffed dog, Max
- A deck of cards and possibly a cribbage board
- Extra contacts/glasses because I have horrible vision and to be without them, especially during a game would be a tragedy for me.
- My pillow/blanket. I am probably the only current player who cannot read/study on road trips due to motion sickness so I try to sleep the entire time.
- Electronics and their chargers. (iPhone, iPad, iPod, computer)
- Nail polish/remover because I have to have my nails done.
- A good attitude. - Traveling can get stressful especially when you are in a group of 20+ and there is lots of equipment.