In our last Jennie-O Wrestler of the Week series we caught up with Kevin Stienhaus from Pennock, Minn.
1. Why did you choose the sport of wrestling?
I started when I was in kindergarten and really liked it so I just stuck with it.
Switch to Turkey
2. What was the biggest adjustment you had to make when moving from high school wrestling to college wrestling?
The intensity level. Everything is harder in college wrestling so you have to improve in all aspects.
3. What is the feeling like after a big takedown or scoring a pin?
It gives you a bit of an adrenaline rush, the crowd plays into it too as they are always very loud.
4. What team or individual performance are you most proud of?
Not sure, the end of the Wisconsin dual last year was probably the most exciting part of last season.
5. Where is your favorite place to eat on campus?
6. What is your favorite Minnesota tradition?
7. What is the best part of being a member of the Minnesota wrestling team?
Our team is like a family.
8. Why did you choose Minnesota?
I always wanted to wrestle here and knew this was the best place to come to accomplish my goals as a wrestler.
9. Who on the team is the team prankster?
10. What have you learned from wrestling that has helped you in other aspects of your life?
The work ethic and discipline carries over into everything in life.
11. What is your favorite sports movie?
Remember The Titans
12. What are you listening to on your iPod right now?
If I were listening right now it would probably be Lecrae
13. Do you have any pre-match superstitions?
14. What are your goals for this season?
Win team and individual national titles.
15. What is your favorite sport outside of wrestling?
16. What has been the best memory in your Gopher wrestling career?
Running out of the tunnel in the sports pavilion for the first time.
17. If you had the choice to travel either forward or backward in time, which would you choose? Why?
Neither, never know what you might miss out on.
18. Where do you like wrestling at more the Pavilion of Williams Arena?
Hard to pick, for a big dual with a lot of fans, I'd go with Williams.
19. What is your favorite TV show?
Everybody Loves Raymond
20. What is your favorite food?