1. Why did you choose the sport of wrestling?
Switch to Turkey
I was born into a wrestling family. I'm thankful it matches my abilities and personality.
2. What was the biggest adjustment you had to make when moving from high school wrestling to college wrestling?
I had to be more physical to make up for a lack of strength/size and learning how to escape from bottom, which is what most freshman struggle with.
3. What is the feeling like after a big takedown or scoring a pin?
It depends on the situation but here at Minnesota we take pride in dominating our opponents the best we can.
4. What team or individual performance are you most proud of?
It is yet to come.
5. Where is your favorite place to eat on campus?
6. What is your favorite Minnesota tradition?
I am proud to be part of the program I grew up watching and dreaming of wrestling for in my home state. I remember watching all the past "Gopher Greats" and getting goose bumps. I like being part of the winning tradition.
7. What is the best part of being a member of the Minnesota wrestling team?
The culture here is excellent. We have awesome resources in our coaches, training partners, boosters, and fans. My teammates are my best friends and its fun being part of it all.
8. Why did you choose Minnesota?
It worked out well for me. I knew I had to go to a good wrestling school to reach my potential and I saw myself fitting into the line-up. I really liked the coaching staff and their system. I had a lot of good friends and training partners here at Minnesota already. Looking back now, I could not have imagined going anywhere else.
9. Who on the team is the team prankster?
I would have to say Coach Eggum. He is always joking around and is hilarious. He does a good job at keeping things loose when they need to be.
10. What have you learned from wrestling that has helped you in other aspects of your life?
I would say wrestling has helped me in almost every aspect of my life along with giving me a lot of opportunities.
11. What is your favorite sports movie?
Probably For Love of the Game or Without Limits.
12. What are you listening to on your iPod right now?
I listen to pretty much everything but lately I have been on a country music kick. Teammate Joel Bauman produced a cool song in "Wonder That." Check it out on iTunes.
13. Do you have any pre-match superstitions?
Not really other than that I usually eat the same things before matches.
14. What are your goals for this season?
15. What is your favorite sport outside of wrestling?
I liked to play a lot of sports like baseball, football, and golf. I am also interested in sports that have a toughness factor to them such as MMA, triathlons, and marathons.
16. What has been the best memory in your Gopher wrestling career?
Earning All-American status as a freshman.
17. If you had the choice to travel either forward or backward in time, which would you choose? Why?
I wish I was a freshman so I could have five more years living the dream.
18. Where do you like wrestling at more the Pavilion or Williams Arena?
The NCAA Championships. The atmosphere is second to none.
19. What is your favorite TV show?
20. What is your favorite food?