Marion Barber, running back with the Chicago Bears, carried the ball six times for 39 yards and a touchdown on Sunday against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.
Barber set the Bears up for their second score of the game with a 29-yard run towards the end of the second quarter. He finished the Bears' opening drive of the second half with a 12-yard touchdown run of his own.
Barber has scored a touchdown in three of his last four games. His contributions on Sunday helped the Bears beat the Bucs 24-18.
Here's a look at the performance of other Gophers in the National Football League and the Canadian Football League:
- Vikings' cornerback Marcus Sherels had five tackles (four solo, one assisted) and one sack in Minnesota's 33-27 loss to Green Bay.
- Eric Decker, wide receiver for Denver, recorded two catches for 21 yards in the Broncos' comeback victory. They beat the Miami Dolphins in overtime 18-15.
- Chicago tight end Matt Spaeth was active but did not record any statistics in the win against Tampa Bay.
- Dominique Barber, safety for the Houston Texans, was placed on injured reserve after fracturing his foot. The Texans easily beat the Titans 41-7.
- Jets' wide receiver Logan Payne was also moved to injured reserve as he continues to recover from wrist surgery in early September. New York beat the San Diego Chargers 27-21.
- In addition to those who were on active rosters, three former Gopher players spent week seven of the NFL season on the practice squad for their respective teams. Offensive lineman Dominic Alford is on the practice team for the Cleveland Browns, cornerback Traye Simmons practices with the San Diego Chargers, and last year's quarterback Adam Weber is with the Denver Broncos.
- In the CFL, wide receiver Arland Bruce had three receptions for 51 yards in the BC Lions' loss on Saturday. Ernie Wheelwright, wide receiver for the Saskatchewan Roughriders, was put back on nine-game injured list.